Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday night in Vancouver

Good evening,

It's been a rainy and cool (temperature wise) day.  This really hampered most of the ministry here in Vancouver, but the team on Whistler Mountain had better conditions and seem to have had more successful outreach.  I also had the experience of running into more new age beliefs and attitudes than I have so far.  People wanting to believe in everybody's gods... being totally "inclusive" and it might seem good to them but it is not the truth! 

The team I was on went to Gastown, which is the old section of Vancouver that has been renovated.  We were looking for a crowd of people because that makes it easier to minister... more people = more opportunities to share.  So the weather seemed to keep people home, or at least not desiring to talk on the street to chaplains. 

While I write this I am sitting here in our room at the hostel and for the last few minutes several of us have been discussing the need for better weather... One team member finally asked,"Why don't we prayer about it?"   And so we did.  I often don't understand why God does what He does...  But this I know, God can change the weather any time He chooses. 

In a few minutes we will have our evening team meeting, I believe that as a team we will be going to a local indoor mall like shopping area to attempt to be involved in some more ministry tonight.  Hopefully, God will prepare our way, and place divine appointments in our path.

More tomorrow morning....


Bro.  Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment